“Good Morning America 3” anchors DeMarco Morgan and Eva Pilgrim may be getting axed soon as sources claim ABC News executives are looking to update the show in light of poor ratings.
ABC News president Almin Karamehmedovic will probably have the hosts replaced by the end of the summer, an insider told The Post on Tuesday.
“’GMA3′ won’t be there at the end of the summer,” said the source.
In Morgan and Pilgrims’ place, a source speculated that executives might hire new hosts or consider bringing in its big talent by tapping Robin Roberts, Michael Strahan and George Stephanopoulos.
The network declined to officially comment on Morgan and Pilgrims’ futures.
“What we have said from the beginning is that we are unifying all day parts under the GMA umbrella and team and that includes seeing all members of the extended GMA family in the third hour,” a spokesperson told The Post Tuesday.
“The third hour is a valued part of the GMA franchise. Robin, George and Michael have been on before and they will continue to be featured,” the rep concluded.
Morgan and Pilgrim were brought in as replacements for T.J. Holmes and Amy Robach, taking over the 1 p.m. timeslot, in 2023 after reports of the former hosts’ messy workplace affair came to light.
Holmes and Robach were fired as a result.
In a series of surprising moves, the network has already sent shockwaves throughout the industry over the last month.
In March, ABC News laid off “GMA3” staff, putting all of its production under “GMA.”
Around the same time, ABC vet Audrey Taylor was appointed as the network’s new vice president of talent and strategy, prompting differing responses from industry insiders.
“No one knows who she is! She doesn’t know the talent. The hire was shocking to everyone,” a source told Page Six at the time.
Other sources called her promotion a sigh of relief after the position was vacant for two years.
Read the full article here