Tom Hardy’s reported firing from MobLand comes after the star allegedly enraged his co-star Helen Mirren with his on-set behaviour.
On Friday it was reported the actor, 48, who plays the role of fixer Harry Da Souza alongside Pierce Brosnan and Dame Helen, would not be returning for the upcoming third season following a number of clashes with producers.
Prior to news of his dismissal, The Daily Mail’s Katie Hind revealed Helen, 80, who plays Maeve Harrigan in the Paramount+ crime drama series, was less than pleased with Tom’s attitude on-set, claiming he ‘swaggers around like a king’.
Amid news of his dismissal, a source close to the MobLand project claimed Tom was late and had pushed to change lines during filming. He also apparently offered notes on the script without being asked.
One source claimed that he was frustrated that the series was becoming more about his co-stars Helen and Pierce while tensions with producer Jez Butterworth apparently led to threats from Jez to quit himself.
Helen’s frustrations echo those of Charlize Theron, with whom he had an almighty fall-out while shooting Mad Max: Fury Road in 2015, during which his lateness and attitude led to a screaming match and Charlize refusing to be alone with the star.
Tom Hardy’s reported firing from MobLand comes after the star allegedly enraged his co-star Helen Mirren with his on-set behaviour
Tom’s dismissal from MobLand was first reported in The Puck newsletter, with claims reading: ‘I’m told Paramount recently opted not to pick up Hardy for season three.’
The report blamed ‘clashes with producers Jez Butterworth and David Glasser, among others, during the recent production of season two’.
The Puck newsletter, written by former editorial director of The Hollywood Reporter Matthew Belloni, claims producers could not continue to deal with Tom’s alleged behaviour.
Daily Mail has contacted Tom’s representative for comment.
The report about the MobLand set comes in the wake of comments about Helen’s rage at the star’s behaviour – even coming down to him being found playing games on his phone while expected elsewhere.
Sources told The Mail on Sunday that she was getting increasingly frustrated’ at Tom’s attitude on set, leading to her struggling with working closely with him after they came together to make the second series in November.
An insider said: ‘Tom’s character is charming. He’s the calm one but it is quite the opposite when the cameras stop. Dame Helen is a joy, she is a total pro and she has worked with so many people over the years.
Tom (pictured in February) has been ‘fired from hit Paramount+ series MobLand’, insiders claim
‘But she is getting increasingly frustrated with Tom and his attitude. He can be late to filming too and that is annoying for Dame Helen, who is extremely professional and disciplined. His tone is something Dame Helen doesn’t like, along with his lateness.
‘She expects better. She holds people to a high standard. She’s 80. She’s been there and seen it all.
‘The behind-the-scenes crew watch it all and believe that she no longer looks as happy working on scenes with him. It has all become quite personal between them.
‘It feels like Tom is winding her up. There is much chatter that he swaggers around like he’s the king. He is very, very arrogant. It’s a fantastic show and everyone loves working on it. It’s such a shame there is this undertone.’
Another source says Tom, who is married to Peaky Blinders actress Charlotte Riley, 44, has a tendency to get angry behind the scenes.
It was previously claimed Tom was set to take a sabbatical after filming finished on MobLand, due to ‘needing to have a rest’.
He told Esquire UK: ‘I’ve had two knee surgeries now, my disc’s herniated in my back. I’ve got sciatica as well. And I have that… is it plantar fasciitis?
‘Where did that come from? And why? Why?! And I pulled my tendon in my hip as well. It’s all falling to bits now, and it’s not going to get better.’
While filming Mad Max: Fury Road in 2015,he fought with his co-star Charlize Theron even engaging in a screaming row over his lateness. He later admitted that he was not ready for the role and she deserved better (Charlize and Tom pictured in May 2015)
Back in 2015, Charlize and Tom’s battle was well-documented and in 2022 Tom responded to reports that Charlize felt threatened by his behaviour on the set of Mad Max: Fury Road.
The pair worked together on the movie but had such an explosive relationship on set that they were often involved in intense shouting matches, with Charlize calling Tom a ‘f***ing c***’ after he made her wait on set for hours.
Charlize also had a female producer be with her at all times as ‘protection’ as she was ‘scared s***less’ by ‘aggressive’ Tom, according to Kyle Buchanan’s book Blood, Sweat & Chrome: The Wild and True Story of Mad Max: Fury Road.
Addressing the tension, Tom admitted to Kyle: ‘In hindsight, I was in over my head in many ways. The pressure on both of us was overwhelming at times.
‘What she needed was a better, perhaps more experienced partner in me. That’s something that can’t be faked. I’d like to think that now that I’m older and uglier, I could rise to that occasion.’
Read the full article here


