Prince Harry had completely different thoughts about moving back to the UK last year.
Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, have made the shocking decision to move back to the UK at the end of the month along with their kids — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — but back in May 2025, he said he couldn’t ever see that happening.
“I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point,” Harry told the BBC in a sit-down interview, citing his security concerns. “And the things that they’re gonna miss is, well, everything.”
“I love my country, I always have,” he added. “Despite what some people in that country have done.”
He stressed that “of course” he misses the UK.
“And I think that it’s really quite sad that I won’t be able to show, you know, my children my homeland,” he shared.
Harry said that he wanted nothing more than “reconciliation” with this family, though he acknowledged that some members of his family would never forgive him for releasing his memoir, “Spare,” in 2023.
“There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore,” he explained. “Life is precious.”
Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving back to the UK for “an extended period.”
We’re also told that their children will be enrolled at a school there.
“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source confirmed to us.
Here’s the latest on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s shocking move back to the U.K. after 6 years in the U.S.
King Charles III was told on Sunday that Harry and Markle would be returning to Britain, and he looks forward to spending more time with them in a personal capacity, a source also shared.
According to the source, the king is also clear that the couple’s role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the royal family will not change.
An insider told us that the couple wanting to spend more time with Charles — who was diagnosed with cancer in February 2024 — is the reason for the move.
Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, made the bombshell decision to step away from the royal family and move to California in January 2020.
“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” they said in a statement at the time.
“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen,” they added, referencing the late Queen Elizabeth II, who died in September 2022 at the age of 96.
The bought a $14.6 million home in Montecito in August of that year, where they have been raising their kids.
Read the full article here















