February 18, 2026 6:30 pm EST

Nicole Curtis once again took to social media to defend herself after a clip surfaced showing her using the ‘N-word’ while filming her series Rehab Addict.

The former HGTV star was removed from the network’s platforms last week after the footage, shot in 2022, came to light.

Curtis has apologized, insisting the slur is not part of her vocabulary, and claimed the video was stolen and deliberately released to sabotage her career.

She argued the footage had been manipulated and edited to coincide with her return to HGTV on February 11, when two new episodes of Rehab Addict were scheduled to air.

On Tuesday, Curtis shared more details in a new Instagram post, revealing that someone close to her attempted to blackmail her over the clip – but she refused to pay, sparking a public fallout. 

She explained in the lengthy message that she had turned off the comments because of the ‘hate’ in the replies, before adding details about the footage: ‘Someone personal (not crew) had access, demanded $, I didn’t pay – here we are.’ 

Nicole Curtis once again took to social media to defend herself after a clip surfaced showing her using the ‘N-word’ while filming her series Rehab Addict

On Tuesday, Curtis shared more details in a new Instagram post, revealing that someone close to her attempted to blackmail her over the clip – but she refused to pay, sparking a public fallout

While Curtis begins her latest post by highlighting the ‘many moments of kindness’ she says she’s received since the clip went viral, she made it clear she’s had enough of the hateful backlash.

She wrote: ‘I’m reading the DMs – ignoring the headlines. I’m turning off the comments – if the hate was just aimed at me, I could handle it, but the hate toward each other is exactly what we should all be working diligently to work through – go back to human connection, actual conversations instead of internet tit for tat. Let’s do better together.’

In a separate statement on February 12, Curtis acknowledged that her language was born of pain and anger, claiming she felt remorse and regret.

She also claimed that the video was manipulated and was distributed to ‘create this chaos of hate.’

She wrote in part: ‘I am sorry. I am filled with remorse and regret, just as much as I was one second after that word was said four years ago in 2022.

‘I show this, I say this and I realize you are getting a limited view as what has been circulating is a clip of MY footage that was stolen then manipulated, edited and sold to a tabloid to coincide with my return to television only to create this chaos of hate, anger, disappointment.’

Elsewhere in her statement, Curtis stressed that she makes no excuse for the language she used and said that she is not a victim.

She said: ‘I’m not addressing this because I was “caught.” I’m here because I am not okay with the fact that I said that.’

Curtis explained in the lengthy post that she had turned off the comments because of the ‘hate’ in the replies, before adding details about the footage: ‘Someone personal (not crew) had access, demanded $, I didn’t pay – here we are’

While Curtis begins her latest post by highlighting the ‘many moments of kindness’ she says she’s received since the clip went viral, she made it clear she’s had enough of the hateful backlash 

Curtis also addressed questions about how easily she said the racial slur and argued that she has long thrown ‘random’ words together.

‘The most famous “son of a beehive digger” which took the place of SOB when I became a mommy and could not swear on TV,’ she wrote.

‘In recent years, I’ve added fart digger, fart knocker. It’s documented.’

In the incident leading to her show’s removal, Curtis was recorded uttering the racial slur as she worked on renovations.

In the clip, published by Radar, the Michigan native was heard saying: ‘Oh, fart n*****.’ 

The renovation star first issued an apology to TMZ for her use of the racial slur, insisting: ‘I want to be clear: the word in question is wrong and not part of my vocabulary and never has been, and I apologize to everyone.’

Curtis later doubled down on her apology in a February 13 Instagram post, stressing that the footage circulating online was her own and not connected to HGTV or any network show.

She wrote: ‘I am sorry. I am filled with remorse and regret, just as much as I was one second after that word was said 4 years ago in 2022.’

In a separate statement on February 12, Curtis claimed that the video was manipulated and was distributed to ‘create this chaos of hate’

She continued, ‘I’m not addressing this because I was “caught”. I’m here because I am not okay with the fact that I said that.’

Following the resurfaced clip, HGTV confirmed to the Daily Mail that they had pulled the new season of Rehab Addict.

A spokesperson called her language ‘hurtful and disappointing’ and said it ‘does not align with the values of HGTV.’

The statement added: ‘We have removed the series from all HGTV platforms. We remain dedicated to fostering a culture of respect and inclusion across our content and our workplace.’

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version