May 19, 2026 1:29 am EDT

Married At First Sight’s Bec Zacharia has been permanently banned from Instagram just days after her account was temporarily taken down for violating guidelines.

The Adelaide–based bride, 35, confirmed to Daily Mail that Instagram has rejected her appeal overnight and won’t be reinstating her account, despite her efforts.

Bec – who was arguably one of this season’s most talked-about brides – spent the past few weeks using social media to repair her image having lost her job as a result of her behaviour on the show.

‘We’ve reviewed your account and found that it still doesn’t follow our Community Stands. As a result, your account has been permanently disabled,’ the e–mail read.

‘My life is over,’ she told The Mail. ‘My world is crumbling down. I’ve got brand deals, and overseas trips that depend on having my account’.

‘I have not broken any of the rules, and my account was incorrectly taken down. This is not fair.’

MAFS’ Bec Zacharia has been permanently banned from Instagram just days after her account was temporarily taken down for violating guidelines. (Bec pictured at Fashion Week)

The Adelaide–based bride, 35, confirmed to Daily Mail that Instagram has rejected her appeal overnight and won’t be reinstating her account, despite her efforts

Meta doesn’t take the decision to permanently disable an account lightly.

Accounts are often disabled if they post or engage with content such as hate speech, harassment, violence or threats or misinformation.

TikTok has meanwhile confirmed that the controversial bride chose to deactivate her account, despite her claiming that her TikTok was also shut down.

Bec now faces financial ruin having lost both her main and backup account, insisting the backlash stemmed from a ‘genuine mistake’ rather than deliberate deception.

Bec came under fire after boasting in a red carpet interview that she had spent close to $20,000 on her wardrobe throughout her time on MAFS and was the only bride to purchase all of her own dresses.

But her claims quickly unravelled when two designer hire companies publicly accused her of misleading fans, revealing they had in fact supplied multiple gowns for her on–screen appearances, including her dramatic Final Vows dress.

Bec says the fallout has gone far beyond public embarrassment.

‘This is my only form of income, and that has now been taken away from me,’ Bec told Daily Mail on Sunday.

Bec reflects on THAT Final Vows ceremony, Chris and Steven get honest + a little surprise!

 ‘We’ve reviewed your account and found that it still doesn’t follow our Community Stands. As a result, your account has been permanently disabled,’ the e–mail read

Bec – who was arguably one of this season’s most talked about brides – spent the past few weeks using social media to repair her image having lost her job as a result of her behaviour on the show

‘I am a small business now. All of the deals that I’ve got going on rely on me having my Instagram, and the hate that I’m getting every five minutes, I’m getting abuse.’

Bec insisted she never intentionally tried to snub the brands that dressed her, claiming she believed there was no bad blood after posting her Final Vows gown and tagging the designer, Savannah from RESRVD.

‘I thought Savannah was happy because she had commented saying I look beautiful,’ Bec explained.

‘Having seen that Savannah was commenting on all of the press and media saying they dressed me for Final Vows, I was under the impression she was happy with what I did.’

She said the emotional trauma attached to her Final Vows experience clouded her judgement.

‘It took me so long to get over what happened to me at Final Vows. I walked into it thinking it was going to be the best day of my life, and it ended up being the worst day of my life.

‘Even now, seeing the dress is extremely triggering for me.’

Bec admitted she understood why the company may have been upset but wished concerns had been raised privately before the public fallout.

‘This is my only form of income, and that has now been taken away from me,’ Bec told Daily Mail on Sunday. ‘I am a small business now. All of the deals that I’ve got going on rely on me having my Instagram, and the hate that I’m getting every five minutes, I’m getting abuse’

Bec came under fire this week after boasting in a red carpet interview that she had spent close to $20,000 on her wardrobe throughout her time on MAFS and had been the only bride to purchase all of her own dresses

‘I wish there had been communication where she could have told me her grievances… I would have done everything to fix that for her,’ she said.

‘I’m not an influencer. I’m just a normal girl. I thought what I had done was satisfactory.’

Bec also pushed back on reports she falsely claimed to have personally purchased every outfit worn on the show.

‘I didn’t say I spent $20,000 on dresses. That’s not what I said,’ she clarified.

‘Over the whole four months of the experience, that’s the money I spent.

‘When I said I dressed myself, I curated my looks for commitment ceremonies, dinner parties, accessories.

‘It was never intended to not mention my Final Vows wedding dress. It just didn’t come to mind in that moment.’

The reality star described the interview in question as a brief exchange that has now spiralled into a career–threatening controversy.

Join the discussion

Should influencers face harsher consequences for misleading claims, or is online backlash going too far?

Despite being rival companies, RESRVD and Sustainably Dress Hire have also come out in support of each other following Bec’s claims, with the latter company publicly praising the former for supplying Bec’s dresses

Bec is pictured wearing rental gowns on MAFS 

‘It was a one–minute–and–thirty–second interview,’ she said.

‘It wasn’t maliciously intended at all.’

Bec is now desperately hoping Meta will restore her account before the damage becomes permanent.

‘My small business is now completely gone. It’s my livelihood,’ she said.

‘I just need my Instagram back.’

Her distress comes after designer rental businesses RESRVD Designer Bridal Hire and Sustainably Dress Hire both publicly disputed her claims, with RESRVD alleging Bec failed to credit them despite wearing multiple complimentary gowns.

The scandal has sparked fierce online debate, with some accusing Bec of dishonesty while others argue the punishment is disproportionately severe.

Bec is yet to acknowledge any rentals from Sustainably Dress Hire.

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version