South Korean actor Hong Min-gi has been hit with accusations of abuse by his ex-girlfriend, an influencer nicknamed A.
A, who is a freshman in college, released a lengthy statement in an Instagram Story yesterday (Aug 19), claiming that she suffered verbal and physical abuse and gaslighting throughout their relationship.
She said the 24-year-old, who has starred in dramas Study Group (2025) and Love Your Enemy (2024), told her remarks such as, “My mental illness relapsed because of you,” “I want to die,” “Let’s die together,” and “I’m an idiot for dating you.”
She claimed that after the relationship ended, she “lived with guilt” and was under the delusion that his panic disorder was caused by her, leading her to visit his home to kneel and apologise.
When she did this, he allegedly displayed violent behaviour, kicking surrounding objects and hurling profanities.
“It was only three weeks after the breakup that I realised what I had gone through was not love, but clear violence and exploitation,” she said.
A also alleged that Min-gi kicked his pet dog, made derogatory remarks about women and the people he worked with, and called his fans “broke people” who were “acting like stalkers”.
Min-gi denies allegations, accuses A of stalking

Min-gi’s agency Fable Company came forward to address the issue on the same day.
They confirmed that A and Min-gi started dating in April this year, but her claims were “inconsistent with the facts” they verified.
They claimed that A stayed in contact with an ex-boyfriend during her relationship with Min-gi and “admitted through letters and personal messages that she had met other men during their relationship”.
According to the agency, he broke off their relationship and she allegedly visited his home uninvited, stalked him and sought out his family members.
They claimed she “exploited” his celebrity status and made statements such as “I’ll just sue you; once I do, you’re finished” and “Once a trial starts, there’s nothing you can do”.
The allegations of pet abuse and deceiving fans were “unfounded”, they added.
“We will do our best to clarify the facts through objective evidence and legal procedures. We plan to take legal action against the repeated uninvited contact and approaches under stalking laws, and pursue all necessary civil and criminal measures, including defamation, against the dissemination of false information.”
A hits back
In response to Fable Company, A hit back with another statement and concluded that she no longer wanted to settle the matter with his agency.
She denied stalking him and demanding to meet, stating that she “only asked for a minimal apology”.
She claimed she got pregnant last month which led to Min-gi allegedly having an aggressive outburst and telling her to get an abortion the next day.
A claimed that she underwent the abortion alone and has medical records and ultrasound images to prove it.
Min-gi allegedly broke up with her afterwards and cut off contact.
A, who said she is still experiencing the aftereffects of the abortion, added: “I no longer need to reach a settlement with Min-gi’s agency – which is trying to frame me as a stalker – or with Min-gi, who shows no signs of remorse. I will respond with a lawsuit through my legal counsel.”
The statement can no longer be found on her Instagram, but she posted a Story today thanking the public for their concern: “From now on, I won’t post anything related to that person on my personal Instagram. I’Il sue and make sure he receives proper punishment in court!”
Min-gi claimed A didn’t inform him she was pregnant and he didnt tell her to go for an abortion.
[[nid:743102]]
syarifahsn@asiaone.com
Read the full article here



