February 18, 2026 11:57 pm EST

Bad Bunny is making a career move following his historic Super Bowl LX performance earlier this month.

The 31-year-old Puerto Rican music artist – real name Benito Ocasio – will try his hand at acting as he stars in a historical drama called Porto Rico, a full-length film set in his home country. 

Rapper Residente, born René Pérez Joglar, will helm the film, marking his directorial debut.

According to Deadline, Bad Bunny will appear alongside Javier Bardem, Edward Norton and Viggo Mortensen.

Porto Rico is being executive produced by five-time Oscar-winning filmmaker Alejandro G. Iñárritu.

It won’t be Ocasio’s first time acting; he made his debut in 2021 with F9 and Narcos: Mexico.

Bad Bunny is making a career move following his historic Super Bowl LX performance earlier this month; seen on February 1 

The 31-year-old Puerto Rican music artist will try his hand at acting as he stars in a historical drama called Porto Rico; seen performing at the Super bowl on February 8

In 2022 he appeared in the action film Bullet Train, followed by a role opposite Gael Garcia Bernal in 2023’s Cassandro. 

And just last year he was in Darren Aronofsky’s Caught Stealing.

His acting chops also extend to appearances on Saturday Night Live, most recently in October when he hosted the season 51 premiere.

Announcing plans for the film this week, Joglar said, ‘I have dreamed of making a film about my country since I was a child. Puerto Rico’s true history has always been surrounded by controversy.

‘This film is a reaffirmation of who we are – told with the intensity and honesty that our history deserves.’

And Norton shared, ‘This film sits in a tradition of films we deeply love, from The Godfather to Gangs of New York, that both thrill us with visceral drama and iconic characters and eras while also forcing us to face up to the shadow story under the American narrative of idealism.’

He added about Joglar, ‘Everybody knows what a poet of language and rhythm René is. Now they’re going to see what a visual visionary he is as well. 

‘And bringing him and Bad Bunny together to tell the true story of Puerto Rico’s roots is going to be like a flame finding the stick of dynamite that’s been waiting for it.’

The movie news comes as Logan Paul has revealed he wants to face Bad Bunny in a WWE showdown that he claims would ‘be the biggest wrestling match of all time.’

The Debí Tirar Más Fotos hitmaker previously competed against Damian Priest in WWE in 2021.  

Join the debate

Will Bad Bunny’s move into acting help or hurt his reputation as a global music superstar?

Rapper Residente, born René Pérez Joglar, will helm the film, marking his directorial debut; seen in August 2025

(L-R) Residente, Ricky Martin, and Bad Bunny on stage at the 20th Annual Latin Grammy Awards in November 2019

Bad Bunny seen competing against Damian Priest in WWE in 2021

Paul trolled the singer-songwriter about Super Bowl, saying on the red carpet at a party before the game that he didn’t care about seeing the halftime show.

Then at the game, Paul was booed by sections of Levi’s Stadium when he was shown on the jumbotron.

Speaking this week on his Impaulsive podcast, he explained that his red carpet answer was strategic.

‘Let me peel back the curtain,’ he began, adding, ‘Bad Bunny is a world-renowned superstar, right? He also can be a WWE superstar when he wants. He’s a good wrestler – he can f***ing wrestle!’

He continued, ‘There have been talks about maybe us wrestling, like it has been floated around and I’ve been candid about the fact that I would love to do it. I think it would be the greatest WWE match of all time, I really believe that.’

Paul admitted: ‘In that regard, any time I am asked about Bad Bunny I think about that in the back of my mind.

‘So to set that up, when I [was] asked if I am excited about the halftime show, by saying “no,” one word, now people are talking about it.’

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version