Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will return to the UK at the end of the month for “an extended period,” Page Six can confirm.
We’re also told that their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, will be enrolled at a school there.
“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source confirmed to Page Six on Wednesday.
Page Six has reached out to the Palace for comment.
According to a source, King Charles III was told on Sunday that Harry and Markle would be returning to Britain and he naturally welcomes the opportunity to see more of them in a personal capacity.
The King is clear there will be no alteration to the couple’s role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the royal family, in keeping with their clearly expressed wishes and agreement over past years.
As has previously been reported, Charles has been clear in upholding the rule held by his mother, the late Queen Elizabeth II, that there is no half-in, half-out option for working royals.
“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” an insider told Page Six.
The outlet reports that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will move into “a non-royal residence” and will “not be working royals.” Instead, per the the Sun, they will “continue with their business enterprises.”
Harry and Markle first announced they were stepping away from the royal family and moving to California in January 2020.
“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution,” they said in a statement at the time.
“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen,” they added, referencing the now-deceased monarch, who died in September 2022.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex added that they would “balance [their] time between the United Kingdom and North America” while “continuing to honour [their] duty” to the royal family.
They stressed that this move would allow them to raise son Archie — who wasn’t even 1 at the time and is now 7 — with “an appreciation for the royal tradition” while “providing [their] family with the space to focus on the next chapter.” (The couple has since welcomed daughter Lilibet, 5.)
About a year after they’d settled in the US, Harry and Meghan sat down with Oprah Winfrey for a tell-all interview in which the “Suits” actress discussed her tortured relationship with the royal family.
“I just didn’t want to be alive anymore,” she told Winfrey of her life playing out for the British tabloids.
Story developing…
Read the full article here















