Donald Trump is “going to try and make it” to son Don Jr.’s upcoming wedding to Bettina Anderson this weekend — but says it’s “not good timing.”
“He’d like me to go, but it’s going to be just a small little private affair, and I’m going to try and make it,” the president told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday of his eldest son’s nuptials.
“This is not good timing for me,” the president said. “Everything called Iran and other things.”
The dilemma is “one I can’t win on,” Donald Sr. continued. “If I do attend, I get killed. If I don’t attend, I get killed.”
“Hopefully they’re going to have a great marriage,” he added.
As Page Six previously reported, Don Jr., 48, and Anderson, 39, are getting married on Saturday on a private island in the Bahamas.
The couple became engaged in December when the business asked for Anderson’s hand at Camp David.
Originally, sources told us that the pair had their sights on a White House wedding but changed their minds due to the optics of holding a lavish event amid several major stressors like the war with Iran.
“They’re very aware that a lavish wedding at the White House while people are dying wouldn’t be well-received,” an insider told Page Six.
A source also told Page Six in mid-April that the couple was in a hurry to walk down the aisle and were set to wed within the next few months.
Don Jr. is dad to five children: 19-year-old Kai, 17-year-old Donald, 14-year-old Tristan, 13-year-old Spencer, and Chloe, 11 — all of whom, he welcomed with his ex-wife Vanessa Trump, who he was married to from 2005 to 2018.
The exes are said to have a friendly relationship. Vanessa has since moved on from the relationship with pro golfer Tiger Woods.
Read the full article here















