Princess Kate Middleton made her first public appearance since her uncle-in-law Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested for alleged misconduct.
Kate, 44, stepped out at the Guinness Six Nations rugby match between England and Ireland at London’s Allianz Stadium on Saturday, February 21. The Princess of Wales, the patron of English rugby, sported a royal blue peacoat with a team scarf for the occasion.
“Congratulations Ireland ☘️,” Kate wrote via Instagram after the game, which the Irish team ultimately won 42-21. “Always a pleasure to see @englandrugby in action at Twickenham @sixnationsrugby.”
Kate’s outing comes two days after Andrew, 66, was arrested for allegedly engaging in illegal misconduct while serving in public office.
“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office,” Thames Valley Police Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a Thursday, February 19, statement. “It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offense. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
The Thames Valley police department further told the BBC that they were investigating claims that Andrew shared confidential information with late disgraced financier and convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein while serving as a U.K. trade envoy. The charges have not been publicly revealed nor has the former Duke of York addressed the allegations. He was released from police custody within hours of his arrest.
Kate and her husband, Prince William, did not immediately address Andrew’s arrest. Us Weekly learned later on Thursday that the couple didn’t plan to release a statement.
John O’Driscoll, President of the Irish Rugby Football Union, speaks to Kate Middleton during the Guinness Six Nations 2026 match between England and Ireland. David Rogers/Getty Images
William’s father, King Charles III, did put out a statement in light of the scandal.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” Charles, 77, said, referring to his brother. “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and cooperation.”
The monarch concluded, “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
Andrew was stripped of his titles in October 2025 over his resurfaced associations with Epstein, who died by suicide in 2019 in jail while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.
“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor. His lease on Royal Lodge has, to date, provided him with legal protection to continue in residence,” a statement shared with Us at the time read. “Formal notice has now been served to surrender the lease and he will move to alternative private accommodation. These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him.”
Andrew was previously accused of sexual assault by Virginia Giuffre, who died in 2025, after they were allegedly set up by an associate of Epstein’s decades earlier. Andrew vehemently denied the accusations and settled with Giuffre out of court for an undisclosed sum.
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673). If you or someone you know is experiencing child abuse, call or text Child Help Hotline at 1-800-422-4453.
Read the full article here















