King Charles III is speaking out after his brother, former Prince Andrew, was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” the monarch wrote in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace shortly after news broke.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” the 77-year-old continued. “In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”
Charles added, “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
His statement concluded, “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
Andrew was detained on the morning of his 66th birthday on suspicion of misconduct in public office for allegedly forwarding confidential trade documents to Jeffrey Epstein.
The 66-year-old, notably, served as the UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investment between 2001 and 2011 — and the newly released Epstein files show Andrew allegedly sending Epstein reports about trips to Vietnam and Singapore in 2010.
Andrew could face a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted as the Official Secrets Act dictates trade envoys must keep their trips confidential.
The Thames Valley Police revealed Thursday that they had “arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.”
An estimated six unmarked police cars and eight plain-clothed officers were photographed at Andrew’s Sandringham Estate residence.
“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office,” assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a statement.
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offense,” he continued. “We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
Andrew’s friendship with Epstein, a convicted rapist and pedophile who died in federal custody in August 2019, has been scrutinized for years.
Queen Elizabeth II’s son has, however, repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.
He stepped back from his royal duties in November 2019, was stripped of his military affiliations and royal patronages three years later and lost his remaining royal titles and prestigious honors in 2025.
In the most recent blow, Andrew and his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, were evicted from their Royal Lodge home earlier this month.
Andrew was formally accused of sexual abuse by Virginia Giuffre in 2021, with the duo reaching a settlement the following year.
Giuffre, who has since died by suicide, wrote in her posthumous memoir, “Nobody’s Girl,” that Andrew “believed having sex with [her] was his birthright.”
Her family released an emotional statement upon Andrew’s arrest, writing, “At last, today, our broken hearts have been lifted at the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty.”
Read the full article here















