May 21, 2026 2:30 pm EDT

“Survivor 50” star Rizo Velovic is still processing that host Jeff Probst accidentally spoiled his elimination during the live finale on Wednesday.

“I was very confused,” Velovic told People after the snafu. “Jeff wanted to give me my moment, which was great, but I’m getting my moment before the travesty of losing fire back-to-back times.”

Velovic explained he was “trying to be a professional” in the moment and expected that the Emmy Award-winning host “would pick up” on what was going wrong, which Probst didn’t.

During the live finale in Los Angeles, Probst, 64, mistakenly brought Velovic out on stage and spoiled that the 26-year-old lost the final-four firemaking challenge to Jonathan Young before the pre-taped segment aired.

It wasn’t until after Probst told Velovic to sit with the rest of the eliminated jury members that he realized his costly mistake.

When the broadcast returned, Probst admitted to the mix-up and joked it was “the last twist of the season.”

Velovic told People that Probst thanked him afterwards for “being a good sport” and that they handled the situation as best they could.

“After the commercial break, we came back and lost, we played a little joke, so it was fine — a part of history!” the “Survivor 49″ alum said.

Probst, who has hosted the reality show since it premiered in 2000, explained his side of the story regarding the on-air flub on “CBS Mornings” Thursday.

“Im backstage getting ready for my funny question with Rizo about it. ‘If only he had practiced fire-making.’ So I come out, we’re all set up on the stage, we’ve got an empty seat for Rizzo. I don’t think anything’s weird,” Probst explained.

The host said once he started talking to Velovic, he felt an “energy” shift in the room, which was filled with around 1,2000 people.

“We have a big team, mistakes happen,” he stated. “We just got ahead of ourselves. And none of us saw it.”

Probst added, “Rizo even told us later, ‘I was standing next to you going, I don’t know why he’s going to send me over to the jury, I haven’t even lost yet!’ But … live TV!” 

Anchor Gayle King told Probst he handled the blunder “brilliantly” and is “taking notes” for the future

The “Survivor 50” finale saw Aubry Bracco beat Young and Joe Hunter in a 8-3-0 jury vote to win the $2 million grand prize.

Bracco, 40, previously came in second place on Season 32. She played again on Season 34 and Season 38.

“Survivor 51” premieres in September on CBS.

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version