May 24, 2026 3:47 am EDT

As charismatic fixer Harry Da Souza in the British gangster drama MobLand, he is the calm lynchpin separating two warring crime families.

But when it comes to Tom Hardy himself, it seems life does not imitate art.

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the actor, who is reported to have been ‘fired’ from Guy Ritchie’s gritty Paramount+ show, had a huge bust-up with producers when it emerged filming for the third series would be pushed back until the end of the year.

Sources say the Mad Max: Fury Road star had decided to take several years out of acting to spend more time with his Peaky Blinders actress wife Charlotte Riley and their two children and had insisted on a ‘hard stop’ to his acting projects by the end of 2026.

Tom Hardy has decided to hit pause in his career to spend more time with his wife, actress Charlotte Riley, and their two children, say Katie Hind’s sources

Tom and Charlotte met on the set of a 2009 adaptation of Emily Bronte’s novel Wuthering Heights, in which he played Heathcliff and she Cathy

But he was allegedly left infuriated when it became apparent that delays to the script for season three would mean filming could not start in the summer. A MobLand insider told The Mail on Sunday: ‘Producers told Tom they couldn’t start filming the new show until later in the year. They were looking at November time because they weren’t happy that the script was ready to go in time for the summer.

‘But Tom has been absolutely insistent that he is not working beyond 2026 because he has decided he wants to take time out from the industry and enjoy family time with Charlotte and the kids. They are discussing going abroad for a few years, leaving the limelight behind them.

‘It has been a big decision for him and his family so there was a hard stop. Tom tried to get his way and begin the filming this summer but the directors were not agreeing, they said no.

‘It’s no secret that Tom’s behaviour is not to everyone’s taste on set so they were like, go then.’

The absence of Hardy, 48, leaves producers with a ‘huge dilemma’, sources added. Season two of the drama, which also stars Dame Helen Mirren and Pierce Brosnan, finished filming in March. ‘It’s causing quite the headache to work out what they will do and how they will explain away Harry no longer being there,’ the insider added.

The Mail on Sunday revealed last year that relations between Dame Helen and Mr Hardy had become ‘extremely strained’ as the second MobLand series was filmed

‘It’s a disaster but the bosses were not prepared to be told what to do by Tom. Now the script might have to be redone which could delay it even more.’

Sources say that the actor is ‘very excited’ about his sabbatical with Ms Riley, 44, whom he first met on the set of a 2009 adaptation of Emily Bronte’s novel Wuthering Heights, and their daughter and son, aged ten and seven. He also has an 18-year-old son from a previous relationship.

The MoS revealed last year that relations between Dame Helen and Mr Hardy had become ‘extremely strained’ as the second MobLand series was filmed.

One insider claimed the veteran actress had become increasingly frustrated at his lateness.

It is not the first time he has infuriated his colleagues. He reportedly clashed with actress Charlize Theron during filming for Mad Max: Fury Road in 2015.

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version