May 22, 2026 5:47 pm EDT

David Harbour finally publicly reunited with several of his Stranger Things costars more than six months after skipping numerous events amid reported behind-the-scenes issues.

Harbour, 51, attended the SAG-AFTRA Foundation Conversations Presents Stranger Things event on Thursday, May 21, with Natalia Dyer, Noah Schnapp and Jamie Campbell Bower. The same group — plus creators Matt and Ross Duffer and director Shawn Levy — were also in attendance at Netflix’s Stranger Things Emmys FYSEE Event at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles.

Millie Bobby Brown, meanwhile, was not at either of Thursday’s events.

Stranger Things, which premiered in 2016, focused on a fictional town where a series of supernatural events took place and caused mystery and mayhem. The hit Netflix series became a pop-culture phenomenon, but it was also known for long gaps between filming and lengthy episode runtimes. Season 5 concluded nearly a decade after Stranger Things originally premiered.

Related: See the ‘Stranger Things’ Cast From Season 1 to Now

Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo and the rest of the Stranger Things cast have evolved tremendously since the show began in 2016. The once relatively unknown actors burst into the Hollywood industry full speed ahead after the drama’s massive success. “I don’t think Netflix thought it was going to be as huge as it became, […]

Off screen, the show made headlines in November 2025 when reports claimed that Brown, 22, had “filed a harassment and bullying claim” against Harbour “before they started shooting the last season.”

According to the Daily Mail, Brown claimed she was bullied and harassed by Harbour on set, but the complaint did not include allegations of sexual misconduct.

Emma McIntyre/Getty Images

Brown and Harbour put on a united front at the Stranger Things season 5 premiere later that month.

“Of course I felt safe. I mean, we’ve worked together for 10 years,” Brown told Deadline at the time. “I feel safe with everyone on that set.”

Related: Millie Bobby Brown and David Harbour‘s Quotes About Working Together

Stranger Things costars Millie Bobby Brown and David Harbour have a long and complicated relationship. The two have worked closely on the show in their roles as Eleven and her adoptive father, Jim Hopper, respectively, for a decade, starting when Brown was 11 years old. Now, Brown and Harbour’s offscreen relationship is being dissected following […]

She continued: “You naturally just … you know, you’ve been doing it for so long. We also play father and daughter so naturally, we have a closer bond than the rest because we have had some really intense scenes together, especially in season 2. David and I have a great relationship. We work really closely together in the scenes and preparing for the scenes and I really am excited to see … for everyone to see the labor of love and hard work we’ve put into the closure of our relationship and what that looks like.”

Harbour, for his part, hadn’t addressed the reports. The actor, who had been going through a messy, high-profile split from wife Lily Allen, reportedly had multiple instances in which he exhibited concerning behavior in public around the same time.

Harbour subsequently skipped several planned appearances and dropped out of a starring role in the movie Behemoth!

“I’m protective of the people and the reality of my life. There’s no use in that form of engaging [with rumors] because it’s all based on hysterical hyperbole,” Harbour told GQ Hype in April 2025 about his personal life, adding that he did not want to encourage a “salacious s***show of humiliation.”

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version